- No events.
The home of the Houston Slam Team
1. OPTION ONE: At least 8 INDIVIDUAL POETS need to contact me BEFORE DEC. 31ST to schedule at least six competitions at our monthly open mic poetry series. POETRY SLAM INC. REQUIRES AT LEAST SIX EVENTS, WHICH IS WHY I DO TOO.
2. OPTION TWO: Form your own team of poets. BUT AT LEAST two teams of 4 or five poets each must call me BEFORE March. 1st to schedule AT LEAST SIX competitions between at least those two teams at our monthly open mic poetry series. POETRY SLAM INC. REQUIRES AT LEAST SIX EVENTS, WHICH IS WHY I DO TOO.
3. We can get the six competitions done in one week. We can get the six competitions done in six months – BUT they have to be done BEFORE DEC. 31ST. IT’S UP TO YOU.,
4. If we have just eight individuals competing this season, after the required six competitions, the eight individual poets will go to a Grand Slam Final. The top individuals 4 poets of the Grand Slam will form the 2013 Houston Slam Team. You will have the option of taking a 5th poet as Alternate.
5. If we have at least two teams competing this season, after the six competitions, the top team of the season will form the 2013 Houston Slam Team. If at least two teams are tied after the six competitions, then they will go to a Grand Slam Fina. The top team of the Grand Slam Final will become the 2013 Houston Slam Team.
Houston Poetry Slam is the original Poetry Slam Incorporated certified poetry slam in the city. We’ve maintained our certification continuously since 2002. Each year we’ve sent a team to compete in one of our nations largest poetry festivals involving poets from all over the world: the National Poetry Slam. Our Houston team has made semi-finals three times. We need area Houston poets to compete in our slams, get on our team, and perhaps help us win a national championship.
Think you have what it takes to be a slammer or to make the Houston Slam Team? Are you looking to have some intelligent fun? Then come out and share your words at a Houston Poetry Slam event!